Jet Ski Rules
- If the engine isn't running, you have no steering control. Shutting the engine off does not stop you immediately.
- It is illegal to ride your PWC without attaching the lanyard properly between the switch and yourself.
- It is illegal to operate a PWC between one hour before sunset and 8:00 a.m.
- It is illegal to jump the wake of another vessel unnecessarily close to the other vessel.
- It is illegal to harass wildlife or disturb aquatic vegetation with your PWC.
- Before allowing anyone to operate your PWC: make sure they have taken a boater safety class, know basic boating safety and "rules of the lake."
- You and anyone on board must wear a personal flotation device (life jacket), and should know how to swim.
- Keep hands, feet and hair away from the pump intake.
- Make sure engine is off when cleaning debris away from the pump intake.
- Children 7 and under are not allowed to ride on or be towed behind a PWC unless with a parent or legal guardian.
- No one less than 12 years old may legally operate a PWC.
- Before children 12 - 14 may operate a PWC, they must have obtained a boating safety certificate prior to 1-1-99, be accompanied solely by his/her parent/legal guardian, and be on a PWC designed to carry at least two people.
- People born after 12-31-78 may operate a PWC after obtaining a boating safety certificate. Those born 12-31-78, or earlier may operate a PWC without restrictions.
Search For Local Vendors/Sponsors